Join our team
Do you have a passion for digital entertainment and are excited about where the market is heading? We are! And we're always looking for talented people for different parts of our business.
You could be an awesome analyst or dedicated developer — please get in touch us so we can get to know you better.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Business Development Manager
We are looking for a Business Development Manager to join our fast-growing team.
We are looking for a Business Development Manager to join our fast-growing team.
MIDiA is a leading authority on the digital content marketplace, a company with multiple FTSE 100 and Fortune 500 clients, with its centre of operations in London.
With a strong global network, MIDiA’s data and analysis services give clients market insight, deep but immediately-useful analysis, comprehensive data and insights into future trends for the digital entertainment industry. Our current research practices include Music, Video, Games and Media, Marketing and Brands, as well as our cloud data tools Fuse and our forthcoming MIDIA Index audience measurement tool.
We are looking for a customer-obsessed individual to be MIDiA’s Business Development Manager, Tech and Media, reporting directly to the Head of Commercial. The role will combine lead generation, winning new business and account management. The role will be remote based with some future working days to be allocated in MIDiA’s future London office.
- Identify and create leads for MIDiA Index, our cloud data tool, and specific research led-coverage areas covered by our platform subscription offering
- Convert prospects into clients in the above coverage areas
- Conduct face-to-face customer meetings to provide support, discuss current issues, provide updates, discuss current and future business and build strong relationships
- Explore and identify all opportunities where MIDiA could provide efficient solutions to new or existing customers
- Establish MIDiA as a trusted advisor to each account
- Develop and execute strategies to maximise MIDiA sales and profit at the account
- Understand the customer‘s business strategy, opportunities and issues
- Successfully execute sales and relationship strategies and tactics
- Represent and convey customer needs internally, and ensure adequate priorities are set in order to execute against their needs
- Gather and communicate market/competitor information into the MIDiA organisation
- A passion for the digital entertainment industry
- 3+ years of experience in the digital world selling research and analysis services to tech and media clients
- The ability to execute quickly and skilfully involving multiple stakeholders., and to identify and eliminate barriers for the customer
- Entrepreneurial thinking, results-orientated, customer-focused
- Excellent leadership and influencing skills
- The ability to meet and beat deadlines
- A team player with a hands-on mentality
- Experience and understanding of the process and skill of reaching out to potential customers with the goal of finding new business opportunities
- Proactive, friendly and well-spoken
- Demonstrate effective time management and organisation skills
- Possess a natural ability to network and build lasting business relationships
- Display excellent written, negotiation and verbal communication skills (English)
- A self-starter with a can-do attitude. Respect for a fast-paced environment
- An in-depth knowledge of the digital industry and relevant marketplaces; can speak with authority on industry trends, competitive practice, issues, etc
We realise the above reads as a great job with a lot of requirements. It is! If you meet much of the above role description and are intrigued by an organisation that sets high standards, provides professional and personal development and is well underway with its huge growth plans…. get in touch with us.
To be part of a small but world-class and fast-growing team. You’ll have the opportunity to explore new areas of the digital world, partner with our impressive customer set, and enjoy a competitive compensation package – all while pushing the boundaries of what’s “possible” by collaborating with a diverse team of global innovators. In short? We believe MIDiA is a fun, diverse, fast-paced culture that makes us one of the best employers in the digital industry.
Please note all applicants must be able to demonstrate the right to work in the UK.
Competitive according to experience, and significant quarterly sales commission opportunities.
MIDiA Research, a leading provider of entertainment intelligence, is seeking an Audio Analyst to join our world class team.
About the role
The global audio market is going through an unprecedented period of change and innovation. The previously distinct worlds of radio, music and books are becoming intertwined in a new digital audio marketplace. MIDiA’s music and podcast analysis and data is depended upon by many of the biggest entertainment and technology companies and investors alike. Building on this foundation, MIDiA is going to launch a new Audio industry research vertical, covering topics such as podcasts, audiobooks and social video, as well as the transition from and interplay with traditional audio formats.
The Audio Analyst will report directly to one of MIDiA’s co-founders, and they will deliver high impact research and analysis focused on the audio marketplace and its interplay with other audio formats - particularly radio and streaming.
We are looking for someone with a passion for and deep understanding of the audio marketplace (especially podcasts) and industry value chain dynamics. Most importantly, we want someone who has great critical thinking skills, can formulate industry shaping concepts, and provide thought leadership in this exciting new space.
You will cover topics such as audience behaviour and characteristics; podcast publisher and platform companies; radio and streaming service strategies; audio book trends; social audio; technology and business model innovation; shifts in audio consumption; platform market shares; new audio formats; and audio in the attention economy.
You will be part of MIDiA’s expert analyst team, serving our client base of leading global companies. Ideally, you will have at least three years of working in a commercial, strategy, marketing or business analysis role within the audio industry, e.g., podcasts, radio, audiobooks, streaming, etc. We want you help our audio clients prosper by identifying the opportunities and risks presented by existing and emerging business models and services.
Lead MIDiA’s podcasts and audio research, analysis and consulting work, including writing regular reports, conducting research, creating datasets and writing blog posts
Deliver a robust and cohesive programme of research, analysis and data for podcast companies that dovetails with MIDiA’s wider industry research
Enhance MIDiA’s thought leadership, particularly in the podcasts and audio marketplaces
Present to clients, speak at conferences, and conduct media interviews
Contribute to ideation and concept building within the research team
Contribute to thinking and analysis that helps our clients drive success in the digital entertainment marketplace
The ideal skills and experience for this role are:
Minimum three years’ experience working in a commercial, strategy, marketing or analysis role
The ability to communicate complex concepts in an impactful manner
A disciplined attention to detail and proven ability to work with data
Ability to examine data critically to extract meaningful insights
Ability to communicate findings clearly via reports and blog pieces
Working alongside teams within the business or the management team to establish business research needs
Excel proficiency and PowerPoint presentation skills are essential
The ability to communicate complex ideas in a succinct and impactful manner
The ability to work on your own with conviction to prioritise workload
The following would also be advantageous:
An understanding of and passion for the business of entertainment
A meticulous approach to all work, completed to high level of quality
The ability to work under time pressure while providing high quality output
Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
A team player (and we really mean that!)
A professional, polite and positive demeanour
We realise the above reads as a great job with a lot of requirements. It is! If you meet much of the above role description and are intrigued by an organisation that sets high standards, provides professional and personal development, and is in the initial stages of huge growth plans…. get in touch with us!
To be part of a world class team that helps some of the world’s most successful entertainment companies build winning strategies. You will have the opportunity to explore new areas of the digital sphere, partner with our impressive client base, utilise our best-in-class datasets, and enjoy a competitive compensation package – all while pushing the boundaries of what is “possible” by collaborating with a diverse team of global innovators. In short? We believe MIDiA has a fun, diverse, fast-paced culture that makes us one of the best employers in the digital industry.
Initially the role will be home-based but will eventually entail working at least a few days a week in our London office.