Global Video Forecast 2018–2025
Our clients have full access to all of our reports. Clients can log in to read this report. Click here to become a client or, you can purchase this individual report.
The 20,000 Foot View: will represent an epoch-defining era for video as streaming supplants analogue as the main technology for delivering content to TV audiences. In 2018 streaming video subscriptions already reached parity with pay-TV subscriptions in leading markets. The traditional division between traditional pay-TV and subscription video on demand (SVOD) progressively matters less as the market matures. Between 2018 and 2025, the entire TV subscription market – including streaming video – will grow by to billion. At the same time the entire video advertising market will increase by to billion.
- SVOD user penetration was almost on par with pay-TV at 2018
- In the US, video streaming subscriptions at penetration was on par with pay-TV in 2018
- Due to social video, overall video ad revenue will nominally grow by from 2018 to 2025 to billion
- Despite nominal growth, video ad revenue on constant currency weighting will decline over the next five years
- Analogue subscriptions will decline by from million in 2018 to million in 2025
- Analogue subscription’s marginal decline will be offset by streaming subscription growth between resulting in overall video subscription revenue increase of increase to billion
- SVOD revenue will increase from million in 2018 to billion in 2025 – a growth of
- Free video users will grow by from three billion in 2018 to reach billion in 2025
- Streaming’s share of subscription revenue will increase from in 2018 to in 2025
- The OTT market’s share of ad revenue will grow from in 2018 to in 2025
- The overall video market for all analogue and streaming subscriptions revenues and ad revenues will rise by a mere between 2018 and 2025 to billion
Companies and brands mentioned in this report: Alphabet, Amazon, Amazon Prime Video, Facebook, Hulu, Netflix, YouTube