Snapchat User Profile Valuable, Digitally Savvy Millennials
Our clients have full access to all of our reports. Clients can log in to read this report. Click here to become a client or, you can purchase this individual report.
20,000 Foot View
Snapchat represents the Millennial zeitgeist more than any other single app. It continues to engage digitally native young audiences just as much as it appeals to traditional media brands, such as Viacom and CBS, desperate to reach young audiences on their own turf. Snapchat has ridden the music messenger app wave. But much more than most other messaging apps, Snapchat has prioritised engaging its user base with content and features – a crucial task given that it lacks anything like the scale of the messaging app market leaders. The result is that Snapchat users are some of the most digitally engaged and valuable consumers across mobile and the web.
of consumers use Snapchat weekly, rising to in the US and falling to in Australia
- Snapchat users are young, digitally savvy consumers that over-index across all forms of digital content consumption as well as for spending on content
- Snapchat is the messaging platform of choice for Millennials, with of users aged under while are under
- Snapchat’s peak penetration is among year old females of Snapchat users are female
- There are million Snapchat Monthly Active Users (MAUs)
- Snapchat users are avid digital media consumers. watch YouTube, stream music and use mobile adblockers
- They are approximately twice as likely to pay for music and for video subscriptions
Companies mentioned in this report: CBS, Netflix, Snapchat, Viacom