State Of The YouTube Nation A Definitive Assessment Of The Global Youtube Economy
Our clients have full access to all of our reports. Clients can log in to read this report. Click here to become a client or, you can purchase this individual report.
The 20,000 Foot View The YouTube landscape is changing. While North America still dominates in terms of channel subscribers and views, the second places for these metrics are now held by Latin America and Asia respectively. Both emerging regions show diverging consumption patterns, with Latin America over indexing on the proportion of subscribers-to-views, and Asia over indexing on the number of views in relation to subscribers. Despite the growth story around native content creators, music, and music focused channels remain the most popular categories globally, with significant regional variations. Subscriber growth though is driven primarily by native content creators. In a year where YouTube Red will roll out beyond the US, the pace of change for the YouTube economy is set to accelerate.
- Annual revenue for the top most subscribed YouTube Channels is million
- Music Artists are the most valuable category in the top channels
- Three of the five global regions have music related content as their most popular channels by views
- North America still dominates with million channel subscribers and billion views
- Asia has the highest ratio of views to subscribers at views per subscriber channels generate over million per month in gross revenues channels generate over million per month in revenues for their owners of the most subscribed channels are run by native content creators of the fastest growing channels by views are for music of consumers do not skip pre-roll
- Only of consumers will pay for exclusive YouTube content
Companies mentioned: Facebook, T-Series, Snapchat, WWE YouTube