YouTube Channels How YouTube Stars Build Engaged Audiences
Our clients have full access to all of our reports. Clients can log in to read this report. Click here to become a client or, you can purchase this individual report.
The 20,000 Foot View
With billion monthly users, YouTube is the third most popular online destination globally making it the world’s de facto pure play video destination. A whole generation has grown up with YouTube as their preferred video content destination, most often bypassing traditional TV brands. This trend has resulted in YouTube channels being dominated by non-traditional media content producers with only of the top channels from traditional TV brands. Traditional TV companies now have to identify which best practices from YouTube Vloggers they can leverage to grow their audience share on YouTube. At stake is tomorrow’s TV audience.
- YouTube channel subscriptions are dominated by native YouTube stars from the Digital Native generation
- YouTube native content producers out perform non-native content producers by multiples ranging from to 2000%
- Multi-platform Social Media Presence is integral to the success of a YouTube channel
- Twitter and Instagram are the preferred social media platforms for growing YouTube channels
- The most successful YouTube channels are headed up by branded personalities
- Gaming and Music are the most viewed YouTube channel categories
- Only of the top most subscribed YouTube channels are part of traditional media brands
- YouTube creators brought up on Web interactivity understand the need to actively engage with their audiences rather than merely broadcast
Companies mentioned in this report: YouTube, NBC Universal, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, EMI Music, Jenna Mourey, NBC’s The Tonight Show, Zoella The Saccone Jolys, Sky Does MineCraft, MTV UK, CBS